Anupam Roy Fans

Monday, July 15, 2013

A Minute Away.....


This is one of my favourite pictures of Anupam Roy - not because I clicked it, but because I got to click it at a moment when he wasn't aware that he was being clicked, when he was just about to enter the stage and reach out to all those people out there who were calling out his name, and while he was standing there, quiet and calm, eyes reading the moment outside, listening to the chanting, and maybe, listening to something inside his heart as well.


I will never know, or maybe I will....if I ask him, and if he tells me.....

This was at a performance in Kolkata that I had flown down to see, and as always, one that gave me many wonderful memories to bring back. This particular picture is kind of a back-stage pic while we were all standing behind the wings, Anupam and his gang of boys waiting to take over the stage and create that mad rush and screaming epidemic in the next one minute, while I would stand and immerse myself in the moment, hands clicking away, heart singing away, mind flying away.....

I know he knows how the audience will react to him - if you've ever been to any of his performances, especially in Kolkata, you'll know that his entrance on stage creates a kind of mayhem amongst the crowd - I will share those pics too - but I would surely want to know, still, is, what, in those final moments before he goes on stage, does he think....

Bolbe?? 

(*this picture belongs to the author of the blog and cannot be used without permission from the same)

- Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

Post a Comment