pic courtesy Proshanto Mahato
(the birthday boy with the special lady and all the amazing TARB people celebrating together)
Birthday it is !!!!!!!!
And as yet another year of experiencing the magic goes by, here is a re-cap of why exactly it is that we all are absolutely crazy about his music....and him of course.....!!! And the 34 reasons (of course there are manyyyyyy more!!!) you have to truly madly deeply fall in love with and become a jabbar fan of this man...... darlings and all darlings...let's shout out a HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYAAYYYY!!
- i, for one, have never heard a voice like this ever
- the first movie that brought Anupam Roy and his music to the people has bagged a record number of awards...and the awards for the best lyric and music direction and song and vocals were bagged by none other than your favourite.....(cannot thank Srijit Mukherjee enough for having given us this blessing!)
- his music is soulful
- his music is crazy
- his music can make you cry in a good way
- have you heard Aami Aajkal Bhalo Aachhi? If yes, i don't need to say anything else. If no, listen to it now...okay, read the rest of the list and then...but go....and listen....
- the song Faanka Frame, featured in Jaatishwar, again a Srijit Mukherji movie, is absolutely amazing
- a man who is a great conversationalist
- a man who can express himself in almost all forms of creativity!
- a man, whose music, no matter how horrible the movie, makes you want to listen to it again and again and again (smart movie makers I tell you!) ;)
- has formed one of the most amazing bands ever - The Anupam Roy Band. A big mention and a big hug to all the crazies there - Parial (Sandipan), Nobby (Nabarun), Rono (Kaustav), Rishabh, Rana (Singharoy), the darling Bhai da (Shomi Chatterjee) and of course Anupam Roy
- has turned me into a bengali music lover (I can still not imagine how my 2 and 8 year old keep singing songs from Chotushkone!)
- responsible for my initiation into watching bengali movies (and ohhhh wow am i glad!!!)
- responsible for me learning bengali lyrics and being able to mouth them! (yes, glad and proud of myself again)
- i have never had so many bengali songs on my phone in my entire life
- i have watched entire bengali movies (even the most pathetic ones), just to see and listen to his music
- a great way for me to connect to the kolkata of today
- my way of reconnecting with a city that has still been a once in a few years vacation place for me till now
- his music that is earthy and raw
- his music that is sensual
- his music that remains with you long after the song is over
- his music that blows me away
- his music that makes me bang and shake my head
- his music that demands i sing along
- a voice that sings just to me, and to you, and to everyone, but personally
- the on-going debate of which specs frame suit him ;-) lol yes that has happened a lot amongst the bengali junta
- good looking - yes, call me vain, but why not? i can mention it if he can be it...so yes, he is good looking in a really cute way, come on, isn't he? ;)
- poetry in simple everyday words
- has some crazy amount of energy
- responsible for those live wire performances each and every time
- amazing mix of various instruments
- very real, very you
- showed Bollywood how some amazing music is made with his smashing work in Piku.... Dheerey Chalna and Bezubaan was actually quite fast in picking up those non-bong fans who heard his music, lyrics and voice for the first time through Piku.
- Fandom gets a new meaning when we talk about Anupam Roy, the man who is ever cordial, polite and sweet to his many many fans, females and males alike....and who cannot talk about the super head banging and catchy number Fan from the Shahrukh Khan starring movie Fan which is soon out for release and has our very own Anupam Roy singing the Bengali version of the Fan Anthem.
For now, Happy Birthday Anupam......wishing you all and more of the happiness, love, and everything that you deserve truly and more...and may you always be in the company of those who you truly want around you.....
Wishes love and hugs....
- Debolina Raja