Anupam Roy Fans

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Aami Aajkaal Bhaalo Aachhi by Anupam Roy: Lyrics in English


How many times have you heard this song? Well, if you are in Kolkata, probably you've heard this a lot many times at different places. Being outside of Kolkata, I am quite sad that such a wonderful track has not really reached many people here.

The more common and popular songs of Anupam Roy seem to be Amake Amar Moto of course. But if you were to ask me, this one is equally soul stirring, if not more.

I first heard this one on a dark summer night here, with the sea breeze flowing in and ruffling through my hair. It stayed on with me ever since - the song......

For those of you who have heard it but didn't really get the lyrics, here is the same in English script. I've tried to be as accurate as possible, but I am not too sure that I've jotted down everything here correctly, so please forgive me and do let me know in the comments if you see any mistakes :-)

For now, here are the lyrics, so do sing along.........


aami aajkal bhalo achhi
tokey chhara raat gulo aalo hoye aachey
aami aajkal bhalo achhi

paaroder otha nama amakey bhabiye toley na aar
jhinuker rong chiney nitey shikhey gechhi aami ebaar
shon not jaanu hoye keu boshey nei kothao
phirey gechhi shob kichu pheley
aar eksho bochhor aami baachboi 
porey dekh lekha achhey sposhto devaley

aami aajkal bhalo achhi
tokey chhara raat gulo aalo hoye aachey
aami aajkal bhalo achhi

ek laafey signal perotey paakrey dhorena
ojosro kaal boishakhi aar aachrey porena
shono obhesh boley kichhu hoye na e prithibite
paaltey felaai bechey thaaka
aar eksho bochhor aami baachboi jene raakh
hok na e poth ghaant faanka

aami aajkal bhalo achhi
tokey chhara raat gulo aalo hoye aachey
aami aajkal bhalo achhi

 - Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

Post a Comment